I'VE GOT A CRUSHH. IT'S ABOUT TO GET REEAL SERIOUS. I THINK I'M IN LOOVE.
You know how people say "To love someone else, you must first love yourself"? Well, it turns out they are right! If you're looking for a catch, you've got to be a catch. You have to believe it. There's a glow, a certain aura, that people give off when they are in love or loving what they are doing, and people can't help but find it irresistibly attractive. Fall in love with yourself, and you may be surprised to find great things and great people start to gravitate towards you. It's time stop searching out there for your perfect match, and put all that energy back towards yourself. Foster that self-love and self-worth that we so often downplay, ignore or deny. Too often, people settle for what they think they deserve. Do yourself a favor: raise your self-esteem, your standards and your expectations. Today. For a change, try treating yourself the way you would expect your ideal partner to treat you. In other words, date yourself! Compliment yourself, treat yourself, wine and dine yourself, impress yourself. Go out of your way to make you smile. We have an endless supply of love, so toss some of it to the one person that will always be there: you.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

#21 RULE OF ME-LOVE

Love yourself FOR a flaw

*[This was by far the most difficult thing for me to come to terms with personally.]

 We all have flaws and we all dwell on them from time to time. You have been working on loving yourself despite your flaws. Now entertain the idea of loving yourself FOR those very flaws.

I love me for my butt. It's proportionally large and it jiggles and, dimples and all, I still love my body.
I love me for the way I write directions down on my arm and then can never find where I'm trying to go.







*Note: This does not mean that you should stop trying to improve or better yourself. It is just to say that you will never be perfect and it is some of your imperfections that make you who you are - and you are incredible.

1 comment:

  1. A book I'm reading a character says the following

    "Let me give you some advice, bastard: Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." -Tyrion Lannister, Game of Thrones

    Although directed at a person of certain birth rank, I also take as advice for dealing with 'flaws'. If you can be humble about what society sees is wrong with you, you can never again be bothered by what people say, or look at you like. You learn to love yourself for who you are, which we all should do, as no one is perfect.

    ReplyDelete